Listen to this article
-->

Translate

Best Bhutanese Restaurant & Food in Thimphu - Bhutan Trip - E8- Camping ...

After parking our Van, we reached to a Restaurant in the market on a distance of 3 minutes walk from the parking. We tried rushing there because as per Lubzang, during the lunch break, government office employees come there for lunch and that’s why we may have to wait there.

And he was right! When we reached this restaurant on 2nd floor, Named Dorji Taborzi Restaurant, It was full.

We went on 3rd floor in the same building at Q-Ball, which is a Snooker Bar. There you go play pool and drink with snacks on music.

This is the place about what Lubzang was talking about during our night out to various discs, bars and restaurants in Thimphu. For more details watch Day 2 – Episode 6 – Night Life in Thimphu on my youTube channel – Camping Traveller India.

Here the charges are Nu/INR 100 per game. If you wish to play on hourly basis, that’s also possible. Charges are not confirmed. There I met another friend of Lubzang, With Whom I met here in Delhi some days back.. His name is Thinley, he is studying French and is an aspiring tour guide.

After killing 15 minutes watching people playing and after some chitchat with friends, we returned to the Restaurant and found a table for 3 of us.

I left the responsibility on Lubzang to order food for us as well and it came up as a good decision. He ordered so many new things like butter tea or Sooza, which came up a good start of lunch.

For 4 dishes, 1. Ema Datshi, Potato Datshi, Mushroom Datshi and Chicken Pa, with Butter Tea and Butter Milk and yes, lots of Chilly Chatni named Eaze… we paid Nu/INR 560 at the end with unlimited Red Rice.

Isn’t it great. At that time I found it very costly and was crying food is very costly in Bhutan. But, now when I look back and think… I am finding it very good and economical dear. Nu/INR 185 per person, for 3 of us… don’t you thinks its great.

I mean, I may be able to find 50 or 70 rupees Thai in India, but this food is far better then what we get in that Thali.

We came out of the restaurant happy and smiling. With lots of good memories and sweet smiling of those 2 girls, who served us. These both the girls are the owner of this restaurant. They are so preety and friendly.

When she said me thanks after the bill payment on the counter, that was showing how grateful Bhutanese peoples are.

DO visit this Restaurant for best food. I returned to this Restaurant 3 time with different peoples and is a loyal customer now.

1 comment:

Stranded in Spiti's Monsoon Mystery: Unpredictable Journey | Day 18 | La...

oin me on an unexpected adventure in Spiti, where I find myself stranded amidst heavy rains and floods. While staying with a local family, I...