Listen to this article
-->

Translate

Paro City Guide - Hotel, Food & Transportation - Bhutan Trip-E9- Camping...

¬My Travel plan of travelling to Paro on Next day morning got changd, when Lubzang told me that he has a meeting at 10:00 Am tomorrow and wont be able to travel early morning.

Thinking to meet with the group and spend sometime with Prabhjit, I decided to travel in the evening itself.

Lubzang father picked up us from the Handicraft market. They both also booked a cab for me in Nu/INR 250, which supposed to pick me up from nearby home only.

We walked to the road, after receiving the call from the driver. Lubzang father along with him, came to drop me. Lubzang didn’t allow me to carry my bag, he carried my bag and kept it on his shoulders until I boarded the cab.

It was around 6:00 PM, when I got in to the cab and reached Paro at 8:00 PM. It was raining throughout the way.

They said to come and meet me at the same place, where we met yesterday. It took them sometime to reach that place, as they want to see the Dozong of Paro city for some photographs of night view with decorative lights.

It was shocking to know when they said that there is no room available in Jia Resort, where they were staying and they also updated that this trip has to get terminated because of health issues with a Father and Daughter duo and another group member.

So, after bidding a farewell , I started searching a hotel. I tried different hotels at that time around 8:30 PM in the night, Most of them were asking between 2200 to 1800 Nu/INR. I started thinking about the options of camping nearby. Luckily after my few tries to get a hotel at a lowest range I came across a board written “Chef’s Hotel”.

I climbed stairs and reached at the reception. A lady was there.

“Nu/INR 1000” main ho jaiga – she said
“I asked her to reduce by saying – “ I am a budget Traveller and cannot spend this much. Also my friend will come soon and then we will stay a little longer”

“Nu/INR 900” is final” - she gave me a final deal now

Room No 305 a corner room with 2 single beds, 2 windows. This is what I got.

I found it okay and checked in thinking once Aakash will come, the rent will be shared and he will come and share the same rent with me.

Next morning, I went to the restaurant named as Chef’s Kitchen.

“What is there is Breakfast” – I asked
“Puri Bhaji, Egg, Bread and butter, what would you like to have?” – She asked

I am sure being an Indian, what would have been my choice

I paid Nu/INR 150 for 4 pieces of Puri and some Bhaji made with Potato.

It was shockingly costly for an Indian where we believe food is always in the range of 30 to 50 to 60 rupees. These cheap rehriwala and stall walas has spoiled us completely. Our range is up to sixty or max 100 only even on various online apps.

Anyways, this was the 1st and last time when I ordered my food in this restaurant.

In fact each ad every restaurant will offer you food for 150 to 200 and above.

I bought 1 cold drink 2 liters, 1 Bread and 1 Parle G 10 rupees wala packet, here it’s in 20 Nu/INR.

This I had for lunch, dinner and breakfast too.

Being Solo, its very costly everything here, when you are in a group, you tend to spend less because you share the food and the cost.

For example – when I went to Fun Food another restaurant here, we ordered for chicken and rice. We paid Nu/INR 200 for both. Butter milk was complementary.

So, Now no Haa Valley. I was sitting in sunlight and chilling. Lubzang was busy in building the stall for the event and I was chilling in the hotel.

Day 4 ended here like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stranded in Spiti's Monsoon Mystery: Unpredictable Journey | Day 18 | La...

oin me on an unexpected adventure in Spiti, where I find myself stranded amidst heavy rains and floods. While staying with a local family, I...